Glenhaven’s mission is to provide therapeutic, preventative and restorative care to our residents that will assist them to attain and maintain an optimum level of health and well-being.
- Glenhaven is a 44 bed facility, with all private rooms.
- Medicare and Medicaid certified.
- Skilled Nursing Facility, Non-profit, Community Based
- Special transportation for medical appointments and other needs
- Daily recreational activities & programs
- Therapy & rehabilitative services; physical, speech, occupational therapies are available on a daily basis
- Respite & Short-term care
Glenhaven, Inc. was founded in 1958 and the first resident was admitted in early 1960. A group of community members had recognized the need for what was then known as a rest home in Glenwood City. The corporate structure was formed, a Board of Directors elected and a fund drive was undertaken to pay for the construction of the building on the donated land. Through the years, the nursing home industry has changed greatly to meet the challenge of caring for the elderly, sick and handicapped.
Today, Glenhaven is governed by a nine member Board of Directors from the surrounding communities. The Board of Directors are volunteers that play a very important role in the operation of Glenhaven. The Board of Directors must ensure quality nursing home care for Glenwood City, Boyceville and the surrounding area residents, so that they may stay as near as possible to home, family, friends and community.