Change Text Size:
+ + + + +
The power of people, both employees and volunteers, make Glenhaven a great leader in senior services. We appreciate and value the volunteers who bring the Glenhaven promise: To be Kind, Caring and Enduring at caring for our loved ones.
Glenhaven may have opportunities in different areas, some of the volunteer activities to consider are:
- Providing companionship through reading, writing letters, conversation, a listening ear.
- Sharing your musical talents
- If you like computer work, there may be a volunteer opportunity waiting for you
- There are maintenance projects that could use a handy volunteer
- We welcome your ideas of other volunteer activities
What are the requirements for volunteers? The standards we expect of both employees and volunteers are:
- Most important, have a genuine interest in people
- Treat people with dignity
- Provide excellent service
- Establish trusting relationships
Can I volunteer with a friend and what is the schedule for a volunteer?
- You can volunteer by yourself or with a group from church, work, or wherever
- You can volunteer on a regular schedule or occasionally. We need lots of volunteers at holiday times. Any time volunteered is greatly appreciated!
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Bingo Assistant
- Arts and Crafts
- Gardening Assistance
- One-to-One Visits
- Reading Groups
How do I get started? Call our Activities Department at 715-265-4555 and ask to get started as a Volunteer and get more information about volunteerism at Glenhaven.